Discover your career as a Letter Carrier
- Are you an enthusiastic individual who enjoys the outdoors and its challenges?
- Do you take pride in serving the community and willing to be an ambassador for the company?
- Do you enjoy physical activity?
Becoming a Letter Carrier may be just what you're looking for!
- The satisfaction of a job well done - You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
- A strong community of employees - Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customer's changing needs
- Potential for permanent opportunities
- An attractive compensation package
To be considered, you need:
- Secondary School or provincial equivalent (GED)
- A valid permanent provincial Driver’s Licence
- A 3 year satisfactory safe driving record (Driver’s abstract)
- Experience working with the public
- To be able to meet time schedules, carry a satchel loaded up to 15.9 kilos (35 lbs), handle mail items up to 22.7 kilos (50 lbs), walk and climb stairs to deliver mail in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions for long periods of time
- Proficiency in maintaining records, preparing routine reports, organizing material
- Exceptional customer service skills
- To pass pre-employment assessments including interview, security screening, physical abilities assessment, and a vision and road assessment
- To successfully complete a training program and pass training tests