Canada Post launches free online targeting tool
Helps small & medium-sized businesses better target their marketing efforts
April 10, 2012
Small and medium-sized businesses across Canada can now find and better target prospective customers with an easy-to-use online tool offered by Canada Post. Precision Targeter allows businesses to zero in on their target customers at the neighbourhood level based on demographic information such as household income, education, age and marital status.
The free tool (canadapost.ca/precisiontargeter) combines Canada Post’s complete address database with Canadian census data to provide detailed information so direct marketing becomes more targeted. Users can plan, price and place their Unaddressed Admail orders in minutes, 24 hours a day.
“This unique tool provides small and medium-sized businesses more marketing insight than ever before,” says Laurene Cihosky, Senior Vice-President, Data and Integrated Marketing Solutions at Canada Post. “Canada Post is the only company that has access to every single mailbox in the country. By combining this network with demographic information, we’ve created a powerful tool that any business owner will want to add to their marketing toolkit.”
Using Precision Targeter, customers can:
- Target their mailings by identifying prospective customers based on location or proximity to a specific address, and demographic filters;
- Refine their campaigns by selecting specific letter carrier routes, or by deselecting some of the routes identified by the tool;
- Review at a glance their estimated mailing costs at every step and adjust the number of mail pieces to suit their budget;
- Download their customized targeting analysis directly or send it to a third-party mail service provider;
- Place orders for Unaddressed Admail mailings using easy-to-follow instructions and video tutorials;
- Pay for their Unaddressed Admail order using an approved Canada Post method of payment including credit card or Canada Post account;
- Save their customized targeting analysis on a secure Canada Post site to reuse or modify it for future campaigns.
“Promotion via Canada Post’s Unaddressed Admail service remains one of the most effective and affordable ways for any business to reach their target customers,” adds Ms. Cihosky. In fact, a study on mail advertising conducted last October by Millward Brown revealed that physical media left a greater “footprint” in the brain. Canada Post delivers to every single mailbox in Canada, including postal boxes and those located in apartment and office buildings.