Acquire new customers Canada Complete™ Lists
Deliver your message to residential homes you didn’t even know existed.
Legal terms and conditions
Need help? Contact us online or call us at
1-877-281-4137 and we’ll respond within 1 business day.
With Canada Complete Lists From Canada Post:
- Reach up to 13 million addresses and over 7 million consumer names – deliver your message to homes you won’t find anywhere else
- Target by postal code using geographic, demographic and lifestyle filters
- Target customers that just moved in a new or resale home
- Exclude existing customers, or reach the neighbours of your best customers
What Is Canada Complete?
Canada Complete is a comprehensive mailing list database of over 13 million Canadian residential addresses. Work with our experts to get accurate, reliable and targeted mailing lists, and benefit from the following:
- Target using consumer names
- Current, accurate and reliable addresses sourced from our mail delivery database that meet Canada Post’s addressing standards
- Nationwide access to apartment and suite information
- Exclusive data selects including New Movers, eCommerce and Ontario Property Features
- Supplement your direct mail campaign with telephone follow-ups – over 6 million phone numbers available.
- Postal codes
- Residential or business addresses
- Multiple-unit buildings, such as apartments
- A range of demographic and lifestyle filters
- NEW Consumer Credit Score
- French language indicator in Quebec
- Interest and behavioural categories
- Automotive information (including vehicle type, make and year)
- Movers in newly built homes (including recency of move from 1-12 months)
- Movers in resale homes (including recency of move from 1-12 months)
- eParcel Recipients – exclusive to Canada Post
- Ontario Property Features – exclusive to Canada Post
- Suppression of other lists you provide
Canada Complete™ is a trademark of Canada Post Corporation.
Why Target Movers?
The more than 1.2 million Canadian households who move every year represent big revenue opportunities for your company. Their spending power? $11 billion.
If you’ve ever gone through a move, you know that it’s synonymous with spending.
- 81 per cent of movers are willing to try new products and services as a result of a move.
- 87 per cent of moving households are moving out of their neighbourhoods and establishing new shopping experiences and loyalties.
- Spending is spread out in the months before and after a move, with sweet spots for different products and services. For example, of the movers who bought home electronics for their new home, 44 per cent purchased a TV within three months after their move.
Source: Mover Spending Frenzy, CP11-218, November 2011
Source: Mover Spending Frenzy, CP11-218, November 2011
Communicating with movers, and doing so before your competitors, is critical. Identifying them can be hard. Fortunately, Canada Post has the solution.
- Acquire lists of new builds or resale homes using our new mover selects: New Addresses and New Occupants
- Select by move dates, allowing you to get relevant messages in front of movers at different stages of their move cycle
- Benefit from insights about marketing to movers and get expert advice to create programs to meet your needs
- Compliment your mailing campaign with other Canada Post services helping you target movers such as advertising in our smartmoves™ polybagged outserts or e-newsletters
smartmoves™ is a trademark of Canada Post Corporation.
Benefits and Featured Success Stories
|Best reach and penetration||
|Less undeliverable mail||
|Suppression of current customers||
|High open rates. 72% of Canadians are more likely to open mail if it has their address on it||
|Increase response rates due to more precise targeting||
|Protected customer data||
Canada Post’s list service stimulates sales and generate valuable marketing intelligence.
- Working from lists of addresses associated with recent sales of luxury vehicles and other demographic data, Canada Post developed a list of addresses in nearby neighbourhoods.
- BMW then sent tens of thousands of brochures promoting BMW’s new 323 model (with a special $1,000 discount off the purchase price), and encouraging people to come in for a test drive and to enter an online contest to addresses in Canada’s three largest cities.
- The campaign generated impressive results: 1.6 per cent of the addresses that received the offer entered the contest online, generating a wealth of data.
Canada Post's list campaign delivers sweet results for Quebec grocer
- Sobeys Inc. has a network of some 1,300 stores. The grocery market is highly competitive and acquiring new customers is a challenge. Changing buying habits is difficult, but a customer’s initial store visit can become the first step toward gaining long-term loyalty.
- Using Canada Post's list service, Sobeys is able to identify and reach prospective customers more easily. Canada Post designed a campaign involving 15 IGA stores in Quebec. Working from Sobeys’ customer database, Canada Post developed a list of approximately 50,000 new addresses located near certain stores. Sobeys sent a special promotional holiday offer to the target addresses, offering a gift to customers buying over $40 worth of groceries.
- The campaign yielded an exceptional response rate that was 50 per cent higher than the rate achieved with similar campaigns in the past. The average purchase far surpassed the company’s expectations and the minimum required to qualify for the gift.
Addressed Admail™ is a trademark of Canada Post Corporation.
Postal CodeOM is an official mark of Canada Post Corporation.
How Does It Work?
Get Canada Complete Lists in as little as 3 to 7 business days, depending on your requirements.
|Request a quote online and receive detailed information on our product specifications, service agreements and rate cards.||To get an idea of your prospect size, send us a list of targeted postal codes and we can run a count for you on the available addresses for your direct mail campaign.||The details of your campaign are finalized and you will receive a price estimate for your approval.||Provide a creative sample for review to ensure that it meets applicable agreements, guidelines and content definition.||Your list and creative sample is delivered to a third-party service provider authorized by you to create your addressed delivery order. Your campaign is ready to be sent.||Your mail service provider will follow Canada Post mail preparation guidelines to submit your direct mail order. Once your order is deposited, we'll ensure that your direct mail campaign gets delivered on time and in your prospective customers’ mailbox.|
What you need
- As soon as you approve the order/agree to pricing, you will sign the Canada Complete List Rental Agreement
- Your authorized third-party must also have signed the Canada Complete Third Party Service Provider Agreement
- A creative sample of the direct mail you want to send.
Addressed Admail™ and Canada Complete™ are trademarks of the Canada Post Corporation
List Options and Pricing
Canada Complete offers three list options that are highly flexible based on your individual mailing and targeting needs.
* New 2014 List Pricing
- Canada Complete: Address-Only Direct – A list of address-only records that allows for the best reach and market penetration in Canada
- Canada Complete: Names & Neighbourhood Direct – A powerful list product with a blend of names and address-only records that allows for full market penetration and personalized mail pieces with a name where available
- Canada Complete: Consumers Direct – A list that only includes addresses with names for more personalized targeting
|List Options||Canada Complete: Address-Only Direct||Canada Complete: Names & Neighbourhood Direct||Canada Complete: Consumers Direct|
|Volume pricing||Eligible at 20,000 records|
|Postage delivery starting at||Acquisition Admail ™
|Addressed Admail ™
|Addressed Admail ™
|NCOA, address standardization and accuracy of output file||✓|
|Suppression of Canadian Marketing Association do-not-mail addresses||✓|
|Secure file transmission||✓|
|Guarantee and validity period||90 days|
|Ability to select residential or business addresses||✓
For business name and addresses,
please go to Canada Complete:
|Geographic targeting at the level of postal codes||$15/M|
|Residence type: apartment suites or houses||$20/M|
|Residence: rented or owned||$20/M|
|French Language Indicator (Quebec Only)||$10/M|
|New Movers: New Addresses or New Occupants
Recency of move:
|Property Features (Ontario)||$20-25/M|
|Lifestyle filters (minimum three clusters)
|Suppression services||Starting at $10/M|
** Must mail 80% of final output file or 20,000 records to receive volume pricing.
- For one-time use only – Re–use option available
- Must provide a sample of the mail piece
- List delivered to an authorized third–party service provider
- Full terms and conditions are set out in the List Rental Terms and Conditions, together with the Canada Complete Consumer List Rental Agreement
Acquisition™ Admail, Addressed Admail™, and Canada Complete™ are trademarks of Canada Post Corporation.
PRIZM C2 is a proprietary trademark of Envrionics Analytics