International Reply Coupons are coupons that you purchase and send in a letter or parcel to a recipient in a country that is a member of the Universal Postal Union. Your recipient can exchange the coupon for postage stamps (or postal stationery with pre-printed stamps) equal to the minimum postage for an international airmail letter.
Buy International Reply Coupons at any Post Office for $5.50 each.
Please note that International Reply Coupons are not available to Taiwan.
- You send business correspondence from Canada to a recipient in France. Your letter contains an International Reply Coupon that you purchased at your local Post Office.
- Your recipient takes the coupon to a postal outlet in France and exchanges it for postage.
- The postage is applied to a return envelope, allowing your recipient to reply to you at no cost.
If you receive International Reply Coupons from a colleague in another country and want to exchange them here in Canada, keep the following restrictions in mind:
- Coupons can only be exchanged for postage.*
- Coupons cannot be used for remittance.
- No more than 100 international reply coupons can be exchanged per day at the same location.**
- No credit shall be given for forged or counterfeit coupons.
* We reserve the right to ask you to immediately affix the postage on the items you are mailing.
** Limit may vary by Post Office.
Need help? Contact us and we’ll gladly answer your questions.