See My Returns in action
About Parcel Returns
The returns advantage
As the e-commerce marketplace grows by double-digit percentages, so does the need for merchants and other providers to have a returns solution that meets their shoppers’ needs.
Enhance shopper loyalty and build a competitive advantage by providing your customers with convenient returns solutions from Canada Post.
About parcel returns
- Create and manage your parcel return preferences online or through web services.
- Allow your customers to get return labels online or at a Post Office.
- Manage and understand your return traffic with our 5-day return forecast.
- Get tracking updates for your returns by email.
What you need
- A Parcel Services Agreement with Canada Post. Need one? Call 1-866-747-3870.
- A username and password for canadapost.ca. Need them? Sign up now.
Create a parcel return policy with My Returns and you'll be able to offer return labels to shoppers online at canadapost.ca and/or at more than 6,000 Post Offices. Your policies are activated almost immediately and require no website integration.
How My Returns works
- Create a Parcel Return Policy on our website.
- Customize your policy to define:
- where your customers can retrieve labels (online and/or at Post Offices)
- the destination address for your returns
- what shipping service you want to use
- your return authorization requirements, if any
- pickup options, and more.
My Returns provides a 5-day return forecast that will help you manage inventory, fulfill replacement requests, and streamline your return processes.
Set up when and who you want to be notified about your parcel return items. Choose a daily summary or individual updates.
Returns web services
Seamlessly integrate returns web services into your existing e-commerce platform, and you can manage shoppers throughout their returns experience. Following integration, shoppers can request and print parcel return labels (for both open and authorized returns) directly from your website.
How to get started
How it works
- Once you’ve integrated our web services into your site, shoppers can conveniently initiate returns directly from your website. Gather data necessary to build a detailed return record including:
- Customer number
- Order number
- SKU number
- Reason for return, etc.
- Use the return record to allow or decline a return or implement a flexible return policy (e.g. shopper error versus damaged goods)
- Provide shopper with parcel return label options and related instructions
Other return services
Use our desktop shipping application (EST 2.0) and Return to Sender services.
For your shoppers' convenience, you can elect to include a parcel return label as part of your outbound shipment. EST 2.0 allows you to create a parcel return label associated with an outgoing shipment. Shoppers wishing to return their item simply attach the enclosed return label to their shipment and drop it in any street letterbox or at any Post Office.
Return to Sender
We return parcels to you at your expense if:
- Your recipient's address is incomplete or inaccurate.
- The recipient has moved without providing a forwarding address.
- The item is refused by the recipient.
- The item is unclaimed.
We will send the item to the return address on the shipping label. The shipping cost for the parcel return will equal the original shipment cost.