Get your message into the right hands to grow your business.
Addressed Admail™ allows you to reach your customers and prospects with flyers, postcards, envelopes and self-mailers that target specific addresses. By including names and addresses on each piece of mail, you add personalization and increase your chance of getting noticed!
What Can Addressed Admail do for my Business?
No matter what your size or industry sector, our Addressed Admail™ service can help you find new customers, keep existing ones, and encourage them to spend more. Here are just a few of the things that Addressed Admail can do for you:
Retain Customers and Build Loyalty
Let existing customers know that you care about them by interacting at a personal level. It helps to build customer loyalty and increases the chances of them using your business again in the future
Boost Awareness and Generate Leads
Addressed Admail is the perfect channel if you want to make people aware of your products or services. This can improve sales by generating new leads, it can encourage product trial, generate traffic to the web or retail, raise funds for your cause, and more. Direct Mail is a proven channel with a long history of success that can work for you,
The Preferred Channel for Promotional Messages
36% of Canadians say that direct mail is their preferred way to receive promotional messages1. This is over two and a half times higher than email (14%), and three times more popular than TV and newspapers
Better Open Rates
By including the address on your mail piece you instantly boost the chance that your message is going to be noticed and read by the recipient. In fact the more information you include the better your chances are – 87% of Canadians will open mail personally addressed to them.
Immediacy and Permanence
68% of Canadians read their mail right away and the physical nature of mail means that your message can stay at the address as a reminder, whether on a desk, side table or a fridge.
Target your message more precisely
Accurate targeting helps to increase your responses and lower your costs. You can either use your own list or rent a mailing list.
Use and build your own customer list
This is a valuable corporate asset and usually returns better results than a rented list. Plan to build an in-house list by capturing information on customers you already have, as well as potential customers who respond to your campaigns.
Rent a mailing list from Canada Post using Acquisition Admail™
From our database of more than 13 million available Canadian addresses, we’ll generate a mailing list based on your specific targeting requirements. You can even advertise to the neighbouring addresses of your best customers, while making sure that current customers aren’t part of the same campaign.
- Use Acquisition List to build a mailing list for your campaign.
- Choose Acquisition List Plus to rent more addresses and access special list and postage rates.
Find more customers
If you need to find more customers our Unaddressed Admail™ service can help. No matter what your size or sector, Unaddressed Admail™ is one of the premier prospecting tools on the market, and by pairing it with our easy online Precision Targeter application you can make your campaigns more cost-effective and successful! With the new ‘map-centric’ user interface, it’s easier than ever to refine your target market through demographic categories that help you find your best prospects in minutes.
For more tips on how to improve the effectiveness of your next Addressed Admail page visit our direct marketing page for best practices, examples from other companies and information on our complementary services.
What’s Included With Addressed Admail
If we cannot deliver your mail as originally addressed because of a move, we will redirect your message to the new address for free—provided a Change of Address Notification is in effect for that address.
Free Tracking on Your Mailing
From our Online Business Centre, you can check the processing status of your mailing. This will help you plan for responses to your campaign. Track your containers of Machineable Presort and Letter Carrier Presort mail at canadapost.ca/obc under "Advanced Tracking".
Return to Sender (optional)
For a fee, we will return undeliverable mail to you so that you can remove old addresses from your list. You can save on future mailings by mailing to more accurate customer lists.
Address Correction Service (optional)
For a fee, we will return your undeliverable mail with an up-to-date address so that you can correct your mailing list. This service can only be provided when customers have filed a Change of Address Notification™ and provided consent for their new address to be shared.
Need a hand?
Whether you need help with a specific task (from design to mail preparation) or the whole process, use our Partner Directory to connect with Mail Service Professionals in the Direct Mail industry. They can provide all the advice and expertise you need to set your campaign in motion.
Ready to Get Started?
To qualify as Addressed Admail, your mailing must meet the following requirements:
- Be promotional in nature – this includes promoting your products and/or services, soliciting donations or contributions or reporting on your organization’s performance for promotional purposes.
- Contain a uniform message – your entire mailing must share the same specific purpose, although you can personalize the message to individual customers and prospects, which can help boost response.
- Include a minimum of 1,000 pieces to Canadian addresses – if you want to mail less than 1,000 pieces you can, but you will need to pay the base price for the number of pieces you send less than 1,000 pieces. Alternatively, you can use our LettermailTM service. Rates are higher, but your overall campaign costs may be lower.
- Meet address accuracy requirements – if you mail over 5,000 pieces you need to validate the accuracy of your list with address accuracy software. Learn more about address accuracy requirements and how to find a supplier of address accuracy software.
- Be prepared and/or presorted in a specific way (see Prices and Mail Preparation) For more detailed information consult the Addressed Admail Customer Guide.
Size and weight requirements for your mail depend on which mail preparation and presortation option you choose:
- Machineable Category
- Non-Machineable Category
Each Short and Long (S/L), Oversize (O/S) and Dimensional (Small and Large) Addressed Admail item must meet the applicable size and weight specifications as outlined below.
Delivery standards are estimates of how long it will take for your mail to be delivered. Delivery standards are not guaranteed but are generally:
|Local||3 business days|
|Within a Province||4 – 5 business days|
|National||4 – 13 business days|
If you’re depositing your mailing at an RVU, access the cut-off times for each location. That way, you can calculate your anticipated delivery standards more accurately and plan your production schedules accordingly.
View RVU cut-off times.
The price of your Addressed Admail mailing will depend on:
- Size and weight of your mail items.
- Mail preparation and presortation options. You save on postage when you prepare and/or sort your mail so that we can process it more efficiently.
Other cost considerations
Save time and money when you create your Order (Statement of Mailing) using the Electronic Shipping Tools (EST).
Surcharges and price adjustments may apply if there are irregularities with your mailing.
Please note for Orders (Statement of Mailing) created manually:
- We charge a processing fee.
- You will pay NDG prices for Machineable Presort (MP), Machineable Mail (MM) and Letter Carrier Presort (LCP) mail.
- You will pay Residue prices for Dimensional Addressed Admail.
You have two payment options:
- Use your account. Don't have an account? Call 1-866-757-5480 to set up an Addressed Admail account.
- Meter your mail (if it weighs less than 50 g). Find a meter supplier.
If you pay for your mailing on account, your items will contain a marking,
referred to as postal indicia. You can print the indicia directly on your items or on a self-adhesive label that cannot be removed.
- Size: Minimum: 19 mm x 36 mm. Maximum: 39 mm x 73 mm
- Include: your account number and the words Addressed Admail
- Font size: between 2 mm and 5 mm in height
- Languages: Bilingual
Deposit your mailing at a Receipt Verification Unit (RVU) or at a postal facility approved by Canada Post. Find out more about how and where to deposit your mailing.