What is New Addresses?
New Addresses is a unique mailing list—available only through Canada Post—that lets you reach new residential addresses that have just started to receive mail delivery.
Target new homeowners and renters
New homeowners and renters are a prime audience for your marketing and advertising messages. Having just moved in, they’re on the lookout for everything from home improvements, phone and cable providers to furnishings, electronics, and appliances—not to mention financial service products, such as lines of credit and credit cards, to help cover all of those expenses. Recent movers are also likely to be new to the neighbourhood and they’re keen to find out about the businesses that serve their local area.
Access over 100,000 new urban addresses across Canada
We register over 100,000 new residential addresses every year, including new subdivisions and condominiums. Get addresses for a specific province or territory, or acquire every new residential address in Canada. You’ll receive complete mailing addresses, without customer names attached.
Get mailing addresses you can rely on
New Addresses provides you with address records that meet Canada Post’s Address Accuracy requirements, helping you eliminate unnecessary costs and avoid delays with your mailing. You can rely on the addresses we provide because we:
- Standardize all of the address components (including city, province and Postal Code).
- Ensure that the address is complete and accurate (for example, that an apartment number exists for a multi-unit building and that the Postal Code matches the street address).
What are my New Addresses options?
Choose your target location
Choose which version of New Addresses you need, depending on the area you’d like to target with your mailing:
- National – reach every new residential address across Canada.
- Regional – zero in on new addresses in a particular province or territory.
Choose the type of list you need
Consider your communication objectives when choosing your address options:
Last Month’s New Addresses
License addresses that began receiving mail within the last month. Reach new customers while they’re making those purchase decisions in the first 3 months of occupancy.
- On-Demand – Get a list of new addresses from the previous month. After use, your authorized 3rd party provider must delete the data.
- Subscription – Get a list of new addresses every month for a year. Once you use each list, your provider must delete the data before we can provide you with the next month’s addresses.
12-Month New Addresses
License addresses that began receiving mail within the last 12 months. Take advantage of the increased consumer spending in the first 2 years of occupancy.
- On-Demand – Get a list of all new addresses from the last 12 months. After use, your authorized 3rd party provider must delete the data.
- Subscription – Get a list of all new addresses from the last 12 months, plus monthly updates for a year. Upon using the list, and prior to receiving the next month’s addresses, your provider must delete the data.
Why you need an authorized 3rd party service provider
In keeping with industry best practices designed to protect the privacy of the individuals whose addresses appear on our lists, we need to supply the New Addresses data to an approved 3rd party service provider (such as a mailing house, data management company or letter shop), rather than to you.
Don’t have a provider? Find one in our Partner Directory.
Rates & prices
Pricing depends on the New Addresses options you select. Contact us for more information.
How can I get a licence?
- Download one of the following New Addresses agreements:
- Contact us at 1-877-281-4137. One of our experts will answer any questions you have about the licence agreement, help you complete it and assist you with setting up a Canada Post account (if you don’t currently have one).