Canada Post - Collecting - Stamps
- Nov. 2, 2009 Christmas: The Nativity Scene
These three stamps celebrating the Nativity feature phenomenal sculptures by renowned Italian-Canadian sculptor Antonio Caruso.
- Nov. 2, 2009 Christmas: Tree
Ring in the holiday season with this PERMANENT™ domestic rate stamp featuring a radiant snow-covered Christmas tree.
- Oct. 19, 2009 Lest We Forget
The spirit of remembrance is captured on this commemorative PERMANENT™ stamp issued to honour the men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
- Oct. 17, 2009 Montreal Canadiens, 100th Anniversary
This commemorative PERMANENT™ stamp celebrates Canada’s love of ice hockey and the Montreal Canadiens’ century-long tradition of on-ice triumph.
- Sept. 14, 2009 Mental Health
Following last year’s successful first release, Canada Post issues a new PERMANENT™ Mental Health stamp to raise funds for the Canada Post Foundation for Mental Health.
- Aug. 10, 2009 Canadian Inventions: Sports
These four stamps celebrate four Canadian inventions in the world of sport: basketball, five-pin bowling, lacrosse and ringette.
- July 10, 2009 Captain Robert A. Bartlett
This commemorative stamp was issued to mark the 100th anniversary of Captain Robert A. Bartlett’s legendary attempt to reach the North Pole.
- July 8, 2009 80 Years of Canada/Japan Diplomatic Relations Commemorative Envelope
Issued to commemorate the 80th anniversary of a Canadian diplomatic presence in Japan and celebrate the visit to Canada by Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress of Japan.
- July 6, 2009 Roadside Attractions
The first in a three-year series, these stamps feature four of Canada’s famous roadside attractions: Mr. PG, a forest of more than 64,000 signposts, an inukshuk and a massive Easter egg.
- July 2, 2009 Canadian Recording Artists
These stamps showcase four stars who have made remarkable contributions to the Canadian music industry: Bryan Adams, Stompin’ Tom Connors, Robert Charlebois and Edith Butler.
- June 12, 2009 Boundary Waters Treaty of 1909
Featuring gorgeous images of Niagara Falls past and present, this commemorative stamp celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Canada/U.S Boundary Waters Treaty.
- June 1, 2009 Canadian Diplomacy
This classic commemorative domestic rate stamp celebrates Canada’s important role on the world’s diplomatic stage on the centennial of the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT).
- May 15, 2009 The Canadian Horse and the Newfoundland Pony
These stamps honour two strong, sturdy and much-valued contributors to the early settlement of Canada: the powerful Canadian Horse and hard-working Newfoundland Pony.
- April 22, 2009 Low Value Definitives: Beneficial Insects
The next issue in the Beneficial Insects series, this stamp features the tiny yet voracious monarch caterpillar, which plays an important role in reducing the spread of milkweed.
- April 9, 2009 Preserving the Poles
Part of an international stamp campaign to raise awareness of global warming, these stamps feature the polar bear and arctic tern, two species in danger of extinction due to Polar ice cap melting
- April 2, 2009 International Year of Astronomy
These two commemorative stamps celebrate the International Year of Astronomy with amazing images of the Horsehead and Eagle Nebulas alongside Canadian observatories.
- March 20, 2009 Art Canada: Jack Bush
Part of the ongoing Art Canada series, these stamps are a fitting tribute to one of the greatest masters of expressive colour since Matisse: John Hamilton “Jack” Bush.
- March 13, 2009 Rhododendrons
This duo of stamps showcases the splendour of two rhododendrons: the R. yakushimanum ‘Mist Maiden’ and the Minas Maid’.
- Feb. 23, 2009 First Flight in Canada
This single domestic rate stamp features an image of the Silver Dart, the aircraft that made the first controlled powered flight in Canada and the British Empire on February 23, 1909.
- Feb. 2, 2009 Abraham Doras Shadd & Rosemary Brown
To mark Black History Month, Canada Post honoured two pioneering African-Canadians—Abraham Doras Shadd and Rosemary Brown—with two $0.54 stamps.
- Feb. 2, 2009 Celebration
This festive new PERMANENT™ stamp in the Celebration series features confetti, ribbon and fireworks exploding from an open envelope in a shower of colour.
- Jan. 12, 2009 Sports of the 2010 Winter Games
This vibrant and dynamic set of five PERMANENT™ stamps celebrates Canada’s proud role as host of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
- Jan. 12, 2009 Queen Elizabeth
The close-up portrait of the Queen used on this stamp was taken on May 19, 2005, during Her Majesty’s most recent visit to Canada.
- Jan. 12, 2009 Vancouver 2010 Winter Games Mascots and Emblems
These stamps showcase the official Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games and Paralympic Winter Games emblems as well as the three mascots: Miga, Quatchi and Sumi.
- Jan. 8, 2009 Year of the Ox
The first issue in a new 12-year Lunar New Year series, these stamps have designs that are rooted in Chinese tradition to mark 2009 as the Year of the Ox.