At epost respecting the privacy and safeguarding the personal information of our customers is a commitment that is fundamental to our business and central to the trust you have in us.
This Notice provides you with the highlights of why we collect personal information from you, how we use it and the steps we take to ensure your privacy is protected when you use the epost Service. Please also read the epost Terms and Conditions for more details about our privacy practices.
Why We Collect Personal Information
epost collects personal information from you only with your knowledge and consent. We only collect personal information reasonably required to provide you with the epost Service and to continuously improve the Service and your experience on our web site.
- We collect personal information from you when you register for an epost mailbox. For example, we collect your name, address, telephone number, and email address for contact purposes and, where required, account verification.
- We collect your Username and Password to enable you to access your profile when you return to the site.
- We collect information about your transactions, including payment history (if applicable) and account activity when you use the epost Service. This allows you to access that information later through your epost mailbox.
- We may collect other information in order to fulfill an inquiry or request from you or where this is reasonably necessary to provide additional services that may be offered through epost.
Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Before anyone sees it, we combine the information about your visit with those of other visitors. You are not personally identified in any way.
The information collected in this manner helps us to provide you with a continually improving and enhanced online experience, with easier and faster navigation to help you find the information that you need. We also use this aggregated information to better understand how people are using the epost web site. For example, it helps us to identify popular features and improve less useful ones.
How We Use and Share Your Personal Information
Your personal information will only be used or disclosed for the specific purposes for which it is collected or as authorized by law.
- We use the information you provide to create and update your profile, set up your epost mailbox and fulfill transactions through the epost Service that you have requested or agreed to.
- We provide the Mailers you have chosen with only the personal information necessary to redirect your mail to your epost mailbox (for example, your name and account number), or to remove such a request, and to complete transactions. The Username you choose does not have to match the name on your correspondence and it is not revealed to unauthorized third parties without your consent unless it is required for diagnosing or responding to problems with delivery of your mail. If your Financial Institution's online banking website contains a link to epost, you will be able to conduct transactions (including the ability to make payments from your bank account) for the bills you have received in your epost mailbox.
- Occasionally we may send you communications about your use of the epost Service, updates to the Terms and Conditions, special offers or promotions, or other information relating to the Service or Mailers.
- In order to maintain the security and integrity of our web site, including the investigation of unauthorized attempts to access, alter or delete data, the spreading of viruses and other illegal intrusions, we may from time to time disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies.
Your Role in Protecting Your Privacy
You can protect your privacy by keeping your Username, password or authentication question confidential. If you receive an email containing a request for this information, you should not respond. Instead, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-877-376-1212 to let us know. We will never ask for this information in an email, although if you forget your password and phone our Customer Service Department to help reset it, we may ask for your Username while assisting you.
You can help ensure the quality of the service you receive on our web site by keeping your information up-to-date. If you do not, you may not be able to use the Service to its full capacity. You may access and update your personal information and profile at any time.
What are Your Choices?
To help us serve you better, you have the following options.
- You may choose to opt out of receiving special offers or promotions sent by us to your e-mail address by following these instructions: go to www.canadapost.ca/epost, log into your epost mailbox and click on "My Personal Profile". Select "No" for "Email Communications" and you will no longer receive any special offers or promotions from epost.ca.
Links to Other Sites
While epost strives to make sure that the links on our web site are to reputable and well-established companies, we do not endorse those websites and are not responsible for their content or privacy practices. We encourage you to read and become familiar with the privacy policies of those web sites before you volunteer any personal information.
How to Reach Us
If you have any questions or concerns about epost's privacy practices please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Canada Post Privacy Office, 2701 Riverside Drive, N0080, Ottawa, Ontario
For more information about our privacy practices, please refer to the epost Terms and Conditions.