Collect on Delivery is a domestic service option purchased by senders that allows them to collect an amount from receivers upon delivery. We collect the payment before handing over the parcel, and send it securely to the sender on the receiver’s behalf.
Receiving an item COD requires you to pay the amount specified by the sender before you receive your parcel. Here’s how:
- Pay the amount specified by the sender using the method of payment specified by the sender :
- cash (If the COD amount is a cash request for more than $500, you’ll receive a Delivery Notice Card with instructions to pick up your item at a Post Office near you.)
- cheque made payable to the sender (Post-dated cheques may also be accepted if the sender has applied a “post-dated cheques accepted” sticker to the item.)
- money order or certified cheque made payable to the sender
- We’ll hand over your parcel and securely send payment to the sender.
- You can track the payment back to your sender using your parcel’s tracking number. (In Track, select “COD Remittance number” to show details.). Should you want a refund for a Collect on Delivery item, you must coordinate directly with the sender.
You can send an item COD if it’s something your recipient has ordered or requested. Here’s how:
- Select a shipping service: Priority™, Xpresspost™ or Regular Parcel™.
- Specify the COD amount. It can cover charges directly related to your item, including:
- the value of the item
- service charges (in the case of repairs)
- sales taxes
- Collect on Delivery fee and other special service fees
- Specify whether the recipient pays by cash, cheque, money order or certified cheque (maximums apply: cash: $1000; cheque, money order or certified cheque: $25,000).
- We’ll collect payment from your recipient and send it to you by Xpresspost service. (We’ll convert cash payments to money orders).
To purchase a shipping service with a COD option, visit your local Post Office
The COD fee is $7.25 plus shipping fees (paid by sender)