Visa Reloadable Card
What is the Canada Post Visa Prepaid Card?
The Canada Post Reloadable Visa* prepaid card is a smart, secure and convenient alternative to carrying cash.
- Reloadable at any one of 6,000 Canada Post locations
- No credit check or bank account required.
- Available for use immediately—no waiting required.
- Prefunded and controlled by you.
- Track your transactions online at www.myprepaidcard.ca
*Not for use for online gambling. Online acceptance at all websites cannot be guaranteed due to varying security levels.
- Safer than carrying cash.
- 24-hour cash access at over one million ATMs worldwide.
- Visa Zero Cardholder Liability fraud protection.
- Purchase protection insurance.
- Extended warranty coverage.
Rates & prices
|Activation with load up to $500.00 (one-time fee)||$15.00|
|Monthly service fee||$3.00**|
|ATM & cash advance||$2.00†|
|Foreign currency conversion||2.5%|
* Subject to change in accordance with the terms and conditions.
** Fee will be deducted from your card balance at the beginning of each month.
† The ATM service provider may charge an additional fee.
Note: The maximum balance on the permanent card at any time is $10,000.
How to buy
- Visit any one of 6,000 Canada Post locations.
- Bring government-issued photo ID.
- Pay with cash or debit.
How does it work?
- Buy your card at any participating Canada Post location. Load up to $500 on it. Start using your temporary card immediately.
- Receive your permanent card in the mail. Activate it and the funds from your temporary card are transferred automatically to your new card.
- Use your card anywhere Visa is accepted.
- Reload your permanent card:
- At participating Canada Post locations using cash or debit (funds available instantly) or
- Using the bill payment option from your bank account (funds available in 1-3 days).*
Note: The permanent card expires two years after issuance. The expiry date is printed on the front of the card.
* Participating banks only. Please check with your bank.