I filed a change of address. Why is some of my mail still being delivered to my old address?
- You have been receiving redirected mail, but occasionally mail is delivered to your old address.
Keep the following in mind regarding our Change of Address service:
- The service is intended for the redirection of letters. If you are expecting a parcel, ensure the sender mails it to your new address.
- We cannot redirect letters marked "Do Not Forward". Letters from government departments often cannot be forwarded. Please change your mailing address with them directly.
- Letters are redirected for the names on your change of address request. If need be, you can add a name.
- Before your Change of Address service expires, notify all of your mailers of your new address.
What you can do
- What to do if you’re not receiving any of your redirected mail
- Check the names on your Change of Address request. If you need to add or change a name, amend your service according to how you purchased it:
- At the Post Office.
What you need
Bring an envelope with a yellow redirection sticker on it or your copy of the original request form.
- Online Change of Address.
What you need
Your reference number. It’s at the bottom of the confirmation email you received after you purchased your Change of Address service.
- At the Post Office. What you need
- Verify that your Change of Address service is still active by checking the expiration date.
- Save time! Report the issue online.