Search Instant Answers
I purchased a Mail Forwarding service. Why is my mail still being delivered to the old address?
- You have been receiving forwarded mail, but occasionally mail is delivered to your old address.
Keep in mind the following information regarding our Mail Forwarding service:
- The service is intended for mail forwarding of letters. If you are expecting a parcel, ensure the sender mails it to your new address.
- We cannot forward letters marked "Do Not Forward". Letters from government departments often cannot be forwarded. Please update your mailing address with them directly.
- Letters are forwarded for the names included on your Mail Forwarding request. If need be, you can add a name.
- Before your Mail Forwarding service expires, notify all of your mailers of your new address.
What you can do
- What to do if you’re not receiving any of your forwarded mail.
- Check the mail recipient names included with your Mail Forwarding request. If you need to add or update the mail recipient information, you can do so:
- Online: by signing in to our convenient online self-serve-tool.What you needThis option is available if you provided your email address at time of purchase. If you do not yet have a password, you can obtain one using the “Need a Password” option.
- At the Post Office. What you needjust bring your Service Reference Number found on your receipt, expiry notice card or original email confirmation, AND a government-issued photo ID so you can verify your identity.
- Verify that your Mail Forwarding service is still active by checking the expiration date.
Contact us online
Save time! Report the issue online.
You will need:
- Your Mail Forwarding Reference Number found on your email order confirmation or on your Post Office receipt.
What is this?Online
Your reference number can be found within your order confirmation email.
You can find your reference number on the Service Summary print-out or on the receipt.
- Your new Postal Code & Mail Recipient information provided when the original service was purchased.
Find a Postal Code
Type: Mail delivered to old/original address