Search Instant Answers
I filed a change of address. Why is some of my mail still being delivered to my old address?
- You have been receiving redirected mail, but occasionally mail is delivered to your old address.
Keep the following in mind regarding our Change of Address service:
- The service is intended for the redirection of letters. If you are expecting a parcel, ensure the sender mails it to your new address.
- We cannot redirect letters marked "Do Not Forward". Letters from government departments often cannot be forwarded. Please change your mailing address with them directly.
- Letters are redirected for the names on your change of address request. If need be, you can add a name.
- Before your Change of Address service expires, notify all of your mailers of your new address.
What you can do
- What to do if you’re not receiving any of your redirected mail
- Check the names on your Change of Address request. If you need to add or change a name, amend your service according to how you purchased it:
- At the Post Office. What you needBring an envelope with a yellow redirection sticker on it or your copy of the original request form.
- Online Change of Address.What you needYour reference number. It’s at the bottom of the confirmation email you received after you purchased your Change of Address service.
- Verify that your Change of Address service is still active by checking the expiration date.
Contact us online
Save time! Report the issue online.
You will need:
- Your Change of Address Number/Reference NumberWhat is this?Online
If you submitted your change of address electronically, your reference number is at the bottom of the confirmation email you received after you purchased your change of address service.
If you submitted your change of address at a Post Office, your reference number is in the upper right corner of the form you filled out.
- Postal Code at New AddressFind a Postal Code
Type: Mail Delivered to Old Address