Mail is being misdelivered. What can I do?
- You are receiving someone else's mail.
- Someone else is receiving your mail.
We are required by law to deliver mail to the address on the envelope regardless of who it is addressed to. You might continue to receive a previous resident's mail until senders are notified of a move.
What you can do
- Contact the sender and inform them of the error so they can update their mailing list.
- Cross out the address, write 'Moved' or 'Unknown' and deposit the item in a Street Letter Box. Do not include a forwarding address, as that would require additional postage.
- If you are receiving mail that does not have your address on it or you know someone is receiving your mail, contact us online and we'll investigate.