When I track my parcel, the status shows attempted delivery. What does that mean?
If we attempt to deliver an item and no one is available to accept it, we leave a Delivery Notice Card informing you where you can pick up the item.
- We only make one delivery attempt.
- Items cannot be forwarded to another pickup location.
- We hold items for 15 days before we return them to the sender. You'll get a final Delivery Notice Card to remind you to pick up the item.
We usually attempt to deliver all items directly to you, but in some situations we leave a Delivery Notice Card instead:
- If the item is marked as "card for pickup".
- If your residence is more than 500 m from your community mailbox, and the item does not fit in the parcel compartment.
What you can do
- If you cannot pick up the item yourself, you can send a delegate, who will need government-issued photo ID and one of the following:
- The Delivery Notice Card signed by you, indicating the name of the individual authorized to pick up the item.
- A letter of authorization or a legal document demonstrating their authority to act on your behalf.
- Find out what identification you or your delegate will need to pick up the item.
- Locate where to pick up your item.