Track shows my item was delivered as a safe drop. What does
- Your item was delivered through a safe drop but you do not have the item.
We attempt to deliver parcels directly to you, but when you're not available to receive them, we may make what's known as a safe drop—when we leave an item in a safe area at your location so that you don't need to travel to a Post Office for pickup.
We only make a safe drop if:
- The item does not require a signature or collection of funds (duties, postage fees etc.).
- A safe place exists that is sheltered from weather and cannot be seen by passers-by (e.g. inside a porch or storm door).
- The sender has not requested "Do not safe drop".
If we make a safe drop, we'll leave a notification card with your Lettermail™ to let you know where we left your item.
What you can do
- Check your regular Lettermail for a safe drop notification card.
- Check around your property for the item.
Note: If we initially made a safe drop and then decided that the location was not safe, check Track for details on where you can pick up your item. (Allow 24 hours for updates.)