When I track my item, it shows an updated delivery date. Why?
- The parcel or letter you sent had an expected delivery date, but is now showing in Track with an updated delivery date.
If your item details were submitted electronically, Track calculates the expected delivery date. Sometimes we update this date because:
- The item was brought to us after the cut-off time for the day it was mailed. The updated delivery date will have 1 business day added to it.
- The sender brought the item to a different Canada Post location than indicated on the electronic submission. The updated delivery date will account for this change.
Have you tried...
- The updated delivery date is the date you should expect delivery.
- The updated delivery date is the date that will be used should a claim be submitted for this item.
- Get notified when your item has been delivered by signing up for delivery updates by email.