Who can apply?
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are a Canadian and a member of a First Nation, Métis or Inuit community
- Have been out of school for 1 year or more and are returning
- Have already returned to school and completed 1 full year of studies
- Have never received this award in the past (you can apply as many times as you want, but you can only receive the award once)
How to get started
Here’s what you need to do to apply:
- Complete the application form
- Write an essay
- Provide school transcripts or a letter from an academic supporter (photocopies are acceptable)
- Include a photocopy of a community membership card or an official letter from a community member
Please note that the application process is now closed. Winners will be determined over the next few months, and winners names will be announced in January 2020.
Award due dates and recipients
May 1st: Request for applications
August 31st: Deadline for applications
December: Decision is communicated to applicants
January: Public announcement of award recipients
How award recipients are selected
A panel of Canada Post representatives and a member of the Indigenous community read and evaluate all submissions and select the winners.