Accessing your community mailbox
If you recently moved to an address that’s served by a community mailbox, you’ll need the following:
- Location of your community mailbox
- Keys to your compartment
- Module number of your community mailbox
- Number of your compartment within the community mailbox
Finding your compartment
Look for 2 numbers to identify your compartment within your community mailbox.
- Locate the module number on the upper corner of the community mailbox.
- Find your personal compartment number located on the locked boxes within the module.
Receiving parcels at a community mailbox
- Check your compartment for the parcel.
- If your parcel isn’t there, check your compartment for a key to one of the parcel compartments in the community mailbox.
- Find the parcel compartment that matches the number on the parcel key tag.
- Use the key to open the parcel compartment, remove your parcel, then lock it up again.
- Drop the parcel key in the outgoing mail slot of the community mailbox.
We’ll deliver larger parcels directly to your home if they don’t fit in the parcel compartment or if a signature is required upon delivery. If nobody is home and there’s no safe place to leave your parcel, or if a signature is required, we’ll bring the parcel to a nearby post office. We’ll leave a delivery notice card to let you know when and where you can pick up your item.
Where are larger parcels delivered?
Getting help with your community mailbox
Get help with your community mailbox by sending us a service request below.
Lost, stolen or misplaced keys
Please see below about replacement keys and locks before sending your request.Make service request
Broken key or lock
We will either fix or replace your lock. Please see more about replacement keys and locks below.Make service request
Don’t use heat, lock de-icer or other products on your community mailbox. Let us fix it instead.Make service request
If snow around your community mailbox is blocking access, let us know.Make service request
About replacement keys and locksWe don’t store copies of keys for security reasons. If you need new keys, we’ll replace the lock and provide you with new ones. When they’re ready, we’ll let you know where to pick them up. You can then make copies at your locksmith if you like. The fee for replacing lost keys is $29 plus taxes.
Contact us about other community mailbox issues
Get in touch with our customer service team through the support section if your question isn’t answered above. They can help work out issues such as:
- Accessibility issues
If you’re having difficulty accessing your community mailbox because of a significant mobility issue, we’ll work with you to find a solution.
- Litter or vandalism
If you notice garbage around your community mailbox, damage or an open compartment, call us to report the issue.