Step 1: Design your mail items for machine processing
Find all the information you need to create machineable mail in the Machineable Mail Guide.
You can speed up the design process and further reduce your risk of surcharges by using these free tools:
- The Machineable Mail Advisor helps you design creative, machine-friendly mailings. The templates include built-in guidelines and marketing best practices for colours, font, and graphics placement.
- Assess before you print. Test for machineability and readability (reducing the risk of costly printing errors and postage surcharges) by contacting a commercial services network representative at 1-866-757-5480.
Step 2: Prepare and presort your mail
Follow these important steps to prepare and presort your mail:
- Ensure that you are using Software Evaluation and Recognition Program (SERP).
- Consult the Special Handling Guide for complete information on how to prepare and presort your mailing.
- Make sure that you have the proper containers.
Step 3: Create your Order (Statement of Mailing) and deposit your mail
Your Mailing Plans must be imported into the Electronic Shipping Tools (EST) with the Presort Mailing Plan Import Program (available through our SERP software providers. You’ll need to register once in our business section, if you haven’t yet done so.
When your mail is ready to be deposited, the final step is to deposit it at a mechanized plant.
Mail should be deposited prior to cut-off times if you want your mailing to meet Canada Post Personalized Mail™ delivery standards.
Find answers in our online business centre.