Discover your career as a RSMC
- Do you value flexibility and autonomy in your work?
- Would you like an important role in keeping rural and suburban-area Canadians connected by providing them with their daily mail service?
Becoming a RSMC may be just what you’re looking for!
- Flexible work hours, with the ability to create your own schedule.
- Be valued as an employee, and rewarded appropriately for your work.
An attractive compensation package, which includes:
- Vehicle expense reimbursement and boot allowance
- Three weeks annual paid vacation leave and two days of paid personal leave per calendar year
- Dental, vision and hearing care plans
- Access to one of the best pension plans in Canada
To be considered, you need:
- Experience driving, making deliveries, dealing with the public, processing documents, and handling cash transactions.
- Your own vehicle that meets Canada Post’s specifications, a permanent valid provincial driver’s licence for two years, and a safe driving record in accordance with Canada Post’s requirements.
- Be able to obtain a certificate of the required automobile insurance with at least $1,000,000 liability coverage
- Be able to hire a replacement to cover your route during your absence if requested.
- Be able to perform physical work that might include lifting up to 30 kilograms (66 lbs) in all types of weather conditions.
- Complete the security screening process and obtain reliability status.