To: All Canada Post Commercial Customers
Please note that Canada Post will not be operating on Monday, November 12, 2012 to observe Remembrance Day.
As a result, scheduled or on-demand pick-ups will not be performed on Monday, November 12, but will resume on Tuesday, November 13, 2012.
Customers in the Greater Toronto Area who are currently receiving pick-up services from our contractor Maritime Ontario will be picked up on November 12.
Canada Post will open its Receipt Verification Units at the following mail processing facilities:
- Toronto Bulk Mail Facility (BMF), 4567 Dixie Road, Mississauga, ON; Open from 07:00 – 23:00
- Toronto South Central, 969 Eastern Avenue, Toronto, ON; Open from 08:00 – 24:00
- Montreal Léo-Blanchette, 555 McArthur, St-Laurent, QC; Open from 07:30 – 21:00
- Windsor Mail Processing Facility, 5255 Walker Road, Windsor, ON; Open from 09:00 – 17:00
- Vancouver/Richmond VPDC, 2661 Number 6 Road, Richmond, BC Open from 12:00 – 20:00
- Calgary, 1100 49th Avenue, Calgary, AB Open from 08:00 – 16:00
IMPACT ON DELIVERY STANDARDS
For the purposes of planning delivery timeframes, note that November 12 is not considered a business day and is to be excluded when calculating expected delivery dates. For example, an XpresspostTM item deposited on Friday, November 9 with a two-day delivery standard will have an expected delivery date of Wednesday, November 14. Mail deposited on November 12 will only be processed on the following business day and considered deposited on November 13.
If you are scheduled for pickup on Monday November 12, we recommend you shift your pickup to different day.
Should you have any questions, contact the Canada Post Customer Service Network at 1.866.757.5480.