! ×

Important: Some sections of our website will be unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance from Saturday, July 23 at 9 p.m. until Sunday, July 24 at 9 a.m. Eastern Time.

Government Services

Access some government services at the Post Office.


Government of Canada
  • Get tax forms and passport applications.

  • Verify passport and student loan applications.

  • Buy bird hunting permits.

Tax forms

Get tax return forms, guides and return envelopes from the beginning of February to the beginning of May every year at a Post Office near you.

Intuit Electronic Tax Forms.

Passport applications

Get passport applications at your local Post Office.

Once you’ve completed your application, consider using our receiving agent service. At designated Post Offices across the country, we will review your application and supporting documentation and accept payment. We then send these to Passport Canada on your behalf. This service ensures that no incomplete documentation or errors will delay the process.

Not all Post Offices can act as receiving agents. Find the closest service location to you.

Canada student loans and grants

Designated Post Offices accept and verify student loan and grant applications. Find a service location near you.

Migratory Game Bird Hunting permits

To hunt migratory game birds in Canada, you are required to possess a valid federal Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit with an affixed Canadian Wildlife Habitat Conservation stamp.

Hunting season is open from August to June of the next year. Example, for 2013, the hunting season is from August 2013 to June 2014.

The MGBH permits can be purchased through Canada Post Office outlets across Canada.  When you purchase a MGBH Permit you will receive a hunting regulation summary. For more information on the Migratory Bird Convention Act and Regulations, please visit Environment Canada’s Website

If you have any questions with regards to the availability of the Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permits at Canada Post, you can contact Canada Post customer service at 1-866-607-6301.

"Canadian Wildlife Habitat Conservation Stamp products are now being sold through Wildlife Habitat Canada (WHC). To place an order visit www.whc.org, call toll free: 1-800-669-7919 or email: orders@whc.org."