Release Notes for AddressComplete
Release date: July 16, 2014
This release provides improved language support and country integration, and allows more opportunities for customization. It also displays results faster and supports responsive web design features.
Changes in this release
- Messaging now customizable. It’s now easier to customize the messaging that appears in the address results list. Include a header or footer using wording of your choosing, use hyperlinks and add an icon or graphical element.
- French country names added. If your language is set to French, countries will automatically display in French.
- Improved relevancy of search results. The suggested addresses that display while the user is typing are now more relevant.
- Radio button support. If you display your search countries using radio buttons rather than a drop-down list, the search results will be tailored according to the radio button selected.
- Faster search results. Suggested addresses display faster thanks to improved caching performance.
- Responsive design support If your website incorporates responsive design features, AddressComplete now supports these features.
- Icon customizable. The icon that appears in the header or footer of the search results list is now easier to customize and position.
- Firefox 29 support. This new release corrects any previous issues encountered when AddressComplete was used in Firefox version 29.
How to upgrade to the new version (using the basic setup method)
To upgrade to AddressComplete version 2.2:
- Sign in to AddressComplete.
- Select My Account.
- Select Create New Installation.
- Follow the prompts to copy the new code snippet. Then, in the html source code for your website, replace the old AddressComplete code snippet with the new snippet you just copied.
- From the AddressComplete Dashboard, locate your old installation and select Disable.
How to upgrade to the new version (using the API library)
In the API library, change the current scripts from address-3.20 to address-3.30.