Release Notes for AddressComplete
Release date: January 13, 2015
This release provides various fixes and improvements. It also adds several commonly requested features.
Changes in this release
- Updated design
- Improved support for IE7 and IE8
- The width of the control should now match the field
- Better ability to handle service errors
- Previously errors could stop the control from making any further requests
- Support for modifying search parameters
- It is now possible to add in additional information to the search parameters in code e.g. add in the Postal Code
- Added an option to disable the automatic highlighting of the first item
- Added an option to allow the tab key to cycle through results
Webservice API 2.1
- New USA searching
- Includes sub buildings
- Includes zip+4 searching
- New French (France) searching
- Improvements over old logic
How to upgrade to the new version (using the basic setup method)
To upgrade to AddressComplete version 2.3:
- Sign in to AddressComplete.
- Select My Account.
- Select Create New Installation.
- Follow the prompts to copy the new code snippet. Then, in the html source code for your website, replace the old AddressComplete code snippet with the new snippet you just copied.
- From the AddressComplete Dashboard, locate your old installation and select Disable.
How to upgrade to the new version (using the API library)
In the API library, change the current scripts from address-3.30 to address-3.40.