(Country code: AF)
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
Senders should determine import restrictions from the country's authorities before posting:
- agrochemicals and pesticides
- animal and animal products
- endangered species
- fountain pens
- military equipment
- movies recorded in 16 mm and 35 mm positive films, DVD and video for motion picture projection
- ozone depleting substances
- pencils, propelling
- pharmaceutical, medical equipment and pharmacy tools
- playing cards
- precursors and narcotic chemicals
- publications, printed books, brochures and other printed matters
- spectacles and sunglasses
- telecommunication apparatus
- tobacco products
- veterinary equipment and medicines
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- alcoholic beverages
- chemical fertilizers
- cloth, fine / textiles
- cotton seeds
- decorative articles made of non-precious metals
- fragile items
- handbags, ladies'
- live pigs and all pig products
- mineral products
- plants and soil
- plastic bags
- printed matter prejudicial to public order or offensive to religion or morality
- satellites or their parts
- vitamins, herbs.
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
The following documentation may be required:
1. Bill of Lading/Airway Bill or "Barnama"
2. Commercial Invoice
3. Packing List
4. Insurance Certificate
5. Business License
6. Tax Certificate
7. Laboratory/Standard/Health Certificate or approval by the pertinent regulatory authority
8. Certificate of Origin.
This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to furnish additional documents to those listed as deemed necessary.
Commercial goods mailed to Afghanistan must include an invoice.