MICRONESIA, FEDERAL STATES OF
(Country code: FM)
Caroline Islands, Truk Island, Yap Island
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
* see Canada Post Prices for more information.
** No coverage is available on food items.
Senders should determine import restrictions from the country's authorities before posting:
- alcoholic beverages
- animals and animal products
- boxes that formerly contained prohibited or hazardous goods
- controlled substances such as narcotics, hallucinogenic, stimulant or depressant drugs
- cotton products
- food for human or animal consumption*
- knives with spring blades
- meat or meat products
- plants and cuttings
- pharmaceutical products**
- serums and vaccines
- tobacco and tobacco products
- vegetable and other plant products
USA admits duty-free unsolicited genuine personal gifts not exceeding $100US in value (excluding tobacco products and alcohol-based perfume).
* All commercial shipments of food to the United States must be preceded by a Prior Notice of shipment. This includes mail items containing food for human or animal consumption, dietary supplements, vitamins and food additives or colour. Articles of food which have been non-commercially prepared by an individual in his own residence and sent to another individual as a non-commercial gift are exempt from the requirement for a Prior Notice. More information on the Prior Notice can be obtained from the USA Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
** See Documentation Required below.
Micronesia admits the following items duty-free
Any item not for resale with a value of less than $US10, except tobacco products and perfume containing alcohol.
Atlases and charts
Engravings, etchings, lithographs
Gifts to a value of $US25
Music in books or sheets
Newspapers and periodicals
Printed matter issued by literary or scientific institutions
Woodcuts and pictorial matter produced by relief or stencil printing process more than 20 years before importation.
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- abortion procurement items
- chain letters and lottery tickets or related advertising
- copyright violations
- graphite products
- prison-made goods
- reprints of U.S. copyrighted work
- straw, grasses or other plant material used for packing.
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
In addition, senders should provide a Certificate of Origin, whenever possible.
A Certificate of Disinfection is required for shipments containing used clothing.
Pharmaceutical products require:
- letter from a doctor if drug is not FDA approved or if it does not require a prescription in Canada (available over the counter)
- photocopy of the doctor's prescription
- photocopy of a document proving the addressee's Canadian citizenship, e.g. birth certificate with photo I.D, passport.
For commercial articles that exceed a value of $US500 a consular invoice endorsed by a United States of America Consul is required. The article must be with the invoice enclosed.
Country of Origin
A conspicuous and indelible stamp or brand of the country of origin (in English) must appear on all commercial items (except books addressed to a library), their containers and packaging.