(Country code: IL)
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
Senders should determine import restrictions from the country's authorities before posting:
- branches, roots, leaves, flowers and plant parts
- bulls semen with the approval of the veterinary services of the Ministry of Agriculture
- chemical products
- clothing and footwear
- cotton plants
- cordless phones
- distillery equipment
- drugs and pharmaceutical products
- encoding devices
- fecundated birds eggs
- fowls eggs
- fruit, vegetables and all agricultural products
- furs and skins
- hides and skins
- radios, telephones and other electronic equipment
- razor blades
- tropical plants and trees
- wines and alcohol
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- cotton plants
- counterfeit or imitation bank notes, coins and postage stamps
- dairy products other than canned milk powder
- dangerous toys
- food products containing cyclamate
- fish and decomposed fish
- games based on chance
- indecent works of art (films, publications and paintings)
- live animals
- lottery tickets and documents advertising lotteries
- matches made of phosphor
- margarine or fats containing more than 10% butter fat
- meat, fish and their products
- natural honey
- organic fertilisers and compost
- precious stones, manufactured or not
- receivers for detection of police radars
- seeds, soil, sand, plants and plant products
- swords and similar items with sharp blades
- used beehives and apiarist materials
- used sacks for packing plant products
- tropical or subtropical fresh vegetables
- wine and wine products bearing a name other than its area of origin
- vegetables and fruits exuding a foul odor or easily decomposed (onions, garlic).
Note: According to Israel regulation, any items sent containing meat, fish or seafood products must be returned to sender (with charges) and can no longer be destroyed in Israel.
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
The sender must include the addressee's telephone number on the Customs Declaration/Shipping label.
The addressee of the Xpresspost-International items containing non-dutiable merchandise with a value up to 1,000 USD will be charged for presentation to Customs with 35 NIS (10 USD), including VAT.
In addition, the addressee must provide an import licence for all types of goods except immigrant's personal effects and gifts. Commercial goods require an invoice attached either to the outside of the article or to the customs documentation. An invoice on any item speeds customs clearance.
For importing into Israel, there must be an import license issued by the Ministry of Industry and Trade, and a certification from the Standards Institute which establishes that the product conforms to Israeli standards.
There are special certificates for certain imported goods on demand from the competent authority (Health Ministry, Transport Ministry). The Kosher certificate is needed for food products.