SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS
(Country code: KN)
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
Senders should determine import restrictions from the country's authorities before posting:
- animals and animal products
- car parts and accessories
- foodstuff, prepared
- handcuffs of any type
- laser pointers
- night scope binoculars and instruments
- military instruments
- plants and plant products
- pepper spray and mace
- radio and television transmitting equipment
- rare or threatened species of animals or plants
- tobacco products.
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- airline ticket blank
- cheques, blank
- ficticious stamps or any die, plate, instrument or materials - capable of making stamps
- knives; flick, gravity, black jack or any knives which are not primarily designed for use in a profession, craft or business or for domestic use
- log and timber products from Liberia
- gambling devices
- matches containing white phosphorus
- printed articles, books, brochures offensive by nature
- playing cards
- shock baton and stun guns
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
For non-commercial parcels, the Customs Officer will inspect the contents of the package(s) and determine the value of the goods for duty purposes based on the invoice presented.
An importer is notified about the arrival of a parcel at the Post office by means of Parcel Notice sent by the Postal Authorities. The notice will contain a parcel number and will inform the importer of the times for Customs inspection. The following documents are required for clearance of goods:
2. Valid Picture ID
3. A letter granting permission to clear the goods if the importer is not present.