LAO (PEOPLE`S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC)
(Country code: LA)
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
The following goods only are admitted. Senders require the written authorization of the Ministry of Industry and Trade to send anything not on the list:
- articles of no commercial value
- art works, original, imported by their creators
- goods imported by the diplomatic and consular corps
- goods re-imported after temporary export
- newspapers, printed papers and other published items that cannot harm the Lao People's Democratic Republic.
- personal effects and clothing
- pharmaceutical products for medical or scientific purposes
- red Cross articles
- wedding trousseaux and school uniforms.
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- coins, banknotes, securities
- films, entertainment
- graphite Products
- log and timber products from Liberia
- pharmaceutical products
- platinum, gold or silver
- precious stones and metals
- radio receiver equipment
- tape and video
- telecommunications equipment
- travellers cheques.
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
Senders require the written authorization of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Lao to send anything not listed under Import restrictions above.
All goods imported into Laos must be declared and duty is payable on them unless they are covered by an exemption or a suspension.
The following documents may be required:
1. Commercial Invoice
2. Certificate of Origin
3. Import licenses or permits.