(Country code: MD)
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
Senders should determine import restrictions from the country's authorities before posting:
- arms and ammunition
- animal products
- animals fats and oils
- bank notes, currency
- bees and leaches
- cigars, cigarettes
- chemical matches
- contraceptive products and remedies
- natural or cultured pearls
- foodstuffs, prepared
- pharmaceutical products
- plants and plant products
- precious and semi precious stones
- precious metals
- securities payable to bearer
- syringes and needles for medical use
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- all live animals
- any printed material urging or advocating terrorism, violence, war, racism, anti-semitism or fascism
- meat and meat products
- fish and crustaceans, molluscs and acquatic invertebrates
- dairy produce, birds eggs
- bank notes, cheques and foreign currency
- credit card blanks
- credit cards
- devices for smoking opium or hashism
- drugs, non-prescription / prescription
- film, commercial
- graphite products
- ice, in any form
- items containing software or technical devices for interception of information
- live plants, grafts and seedings
- obscene or immoral articles
- political materials
- potatoes, plants, roots and other vegetables
- products of chemical or allied industries
- publications harmful to young people
- tobacco and manufactured tobacco substitutes
- works contrary to public order
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
In addition, commercial goods mailed to Moldova of a value superior to $2000US require an invoice and a Certificate of Origin.
A commercial invoice is normally required to support an item being sent from company to company or from company to individual.
The ministry of Health has an electronic registration form for the import of drugs into Moldova.
There is no declaration that is necessary, and no customs control for items applied for personal correspondence. Postal parcels, packets are subject to customs control. The following agencies may participate in the physical control of goods; The Veterinary or Phytosanitary services, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Health and the Drug Agency.
If a postal item is commercial in character, it must be accompanied by a commercial invoice inserted in the parcel with the customs declaration. If the value of the content does not exceed 2000 USD, there is no requirement to insert the invoice.