(Country code: MW)
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
Customers sending parcels to Malawi need to include the addressee's complete address to which the item will be delivered (name of street, name of town/building and house number) as well as the telephone number.
An import permit is required for many goods. Before posting any item, senders should confirm that the addressee has any necessary permit. Senders should determine import restrictions from the country's authorities before posting seeds.
- bees, honey
- bird seed
- cat and dog food
- chemical additives to foodstuffs
- clothing and uniforms designed for military, naval, air force or police use
- eggs of poultry, wild birds
- exercise books
- game traps
- kitchen and table salt
- live fish
- live poultry
- mist nets for the capture of wild birds
- oil seeds
- salt-lick for cattle
- wild animals.
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- airline ticket iisued or blank
- aphrodisiacs and relating correspondence
- bio products,
- cooked or cured meat
- chain letters
- clothing, used
- coins, bank notes, currency notes
- meat; tinned meat, potted meat, meat soaps, meat pastries, meat fat
- vegetables and vegetable products
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
Commercial goods mailed to Malawi require an invoice. Patent medicines must be clearly marked with their composition and dosage.