(Country code: PK)
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
An import permit is required for many goods. Before posting any item, senders should confirm that the addressee has any necessary permit. Senders should determine import restrictions from the country's authorities before posting:
- Arms and ammunition
- animal products
- edible vegetables
- fruit and melons
- dairy products
- flowers and ornamental foliage
- inorganic chemicals, organic and inorganic compounds
- iron and steel
- live trees and plant roots for birds
- lime and cement
- mineral fuels, oils and products
- ores, slag and ash
- plants and parts of plants
- pharmaceutical products
- products of the milling industry
- plastering materials
- residues and waste from food industries
- tobacco and tobacco substitutes
- salt, sulphur
- works of art.
Note: Bank cheques, valuables, original educational and immigration documents must be sent Registered Mail or EMS.
Unsolicited gifts are admitted to a value of 100 rupees per person per year (year-end 30 June). Gifts must not contain:
- jewellery, imitation
- pens, fountain
- radio sets
- textiles, unless made-up or second-hand garments
- trophies, hunting (animals and birds)
- watches and watch bands.
Importation of pharmaceutical products is only allowed to pharmaceutical industries, which hold a valid pharmaceutical licence.
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- banknotes and other securities
- bio Products
- communistic materials
- drugs, non-prescription
- eye glasses
- items offensive to Muslim culture
- live animals
- live birds
- mineral products
- mobile phones
- nuclear reactors
- obscene and immoral products & printed materials
- precious pens
- preparations of meat, crustaceans, mollusks or aquatic vertebrates
- satellite / satellite parts
- shipments from Israel
- used goods
- used mobile phones
- valuable items
- viagra †
- vitamins, herbs
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
Senders must post invoices, certificates and other documentation to the addressee separately.
A commercial invoice is required to support customs declaration for items being sent from company to company or to an individual. The following information may also be required:
- Sales Tax Registration
- Bank Guarantee in case of re-export
- National Tacation
- Computerized National Identity Card.
Mail that is received in Pakistan through whatever channels is opened in the presence of customs officials. Packets and parcels require detailed examination. Items that donít have to be examined are released for free circulation and delivery. At times, the addressee is requested to provide for omissions. There is no difference in the customs process in regards to the type of mail.