(Country code: SC)
DESROCHES, FARQUHAR ISLAND;
BRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORY IO*
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
* Priority Worldwide is not available for mailings to the British Indian Ocean Territory.
An import permit is required for all goods and personal effects with a value greater than 1000 rupees. Before posting any item, senders should confirm that the addressee has any necessary permit. Senders should determine import restrictions from the country's authorities before posting:
- alcoholic beverages
- animals, live and animal by-products not treated
- endangered species
- fish and crustaceans
- fruits and vegetables
- glass and gazed glass products for architectural use in buildings
- meat and meat products
- mineral fuels, oils and products of their distillations
- pharmaceutical and veterinary products
- plants and parts of plants
- radio communication equipment
- swords, cutlasses, bayonets and similar arms
- wood treated and untreated.
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- animal products
- airline tickets, blank
- any item (shipment) requiring a license that must be obtained by the carrier is prohibited
- clothing, used, intended for sale
- controlled drugs
- credit Card Blanks
- currency, counterfeit
- drugs, non-prescription
- firearms, ammunitiion and all weapons
- gambling devices
- knives (except cutlery)
- military uniforms
- parts and accessories of vehicles
- playing cards
- pornographic and indecent material
- seeds / soil.
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
Commercial goods mailed to the Seychelles require an invoice inserted in the article.
The following documents may be required:
1. Original Invoice
2. Insurance Certificate
3. Import Permit.