(Country code: UA)
Mail and parcel service temporarily suspended to the Crimean peninsula in the Ukraine (postal codes 95000-99999).
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
Items in EMS over a customs value of 300 EUR will be subject to a 10% import duty and a 20% VAT.
Senders should determine import restrictions from the country's authorities before posting:
- agricultural products
- anti parasite products for agricultural use
- bees, leaches and silkworms
- foreign currency or cheques up to an equivalent value of $300EUR only (must be insured and addressed to private individuals)
- foreign currency or cheques for registered banks
- hunting shotguns and rifles
- medicinal products
- mobile phones
- mobile radios
- parasites and predators of dangerous insects intended for research and exchange between official institutions
- plants and plant products
- pharmaceutical products
- weapons, hunting.
Personal use items
Items for the exclusive personal use of the addressee are admitted subject to the payment of customs duty for items over a value of 200 euros and subject to certain items not exceeding the quantities shown:
- audio recordings (10)
- CD ROM (20)
- cloth (10 metres)
- clothing coats, jackets, etc. (3 of each kind)
- computer tapes and discs (15)
- electronic music equipment (1 of each kind)
- personal computers and peripheral equipment (1)
- photographic and video equipment (1 of each kind)
- radio and video machines (1 of each kind)
- video recordings (5).
Primarily religious works
- Bible, Koran, Tora, etc. (2 of each kind)
- crucifixes, icons, etc. (2 of each kind).
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- alcohol, any quantity
- arms and weapons
- any printed material urging or advocating terrorism, violence, war, racism, anti-semitism or fascism
- articles relating to cultural treasures
- artwork, Fine
- bank notes, base coinage, or secutiries
- birds eggs
- bio Products
- butane cigarette lighters
- credit cards / credit card blanks
- colouring matter
- cotton seeds
- currency and coins
- dairy produce
- drugs, non-prescription / prescription
- earths and stones
- edible potatoes
- fish and acqautic vertebrates
- fruit and berries
- finished foodstuffs of animal origin
- firearms (hunting guns and light weapons) and bladed weapons
- live animals
- goods that fall into categories listed in Section 1 – 24 of the Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System (HS Code) including dietary supplements, foods for special dietary consumption and functional foods. The exception is foodstuffs weighing less than 10 kg in total and packed in their original packing
- graphite Products
- live plants
- meat and meat products
- matter printed in Germany between 1933-1945 and articles displaying fascist symbols or of an obscene nature
- micro Film
- mineral products
- political Material
- products of animal origin
- photographs and cinematographic products depicting war, violence or terrorist acts or violate human rights and liberty
- publications harmful to young people or of an indecent or immoral nature
- prepared foodstuffs
- preparations of meat
- raw hides, skins, furskins
- raw animal products, fat and wax
- seeds / soil
- stocks, Non-Negotiable
- software and technical devices
- tobacco, any quantity
- used goods (clothing, footwear etc) that are unclean or are not accompanied by supporting documents certifying that the goods have been fumigated
- Works of art
- Vegetable products
- Wood and wood related products.
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
Commercial goods mailed to Ukraine must include an invoice. Inherited goods require a certificate, endorsed by a consul, which confirms the right of inheritance.
Along with the Customs Application (UAD) the following documents may also be required:
1. Commercial Invoice
2. Conclusion of the State Sanitary
3. Veterinary Certificate Ukraine.
Foreign currency must be accompanied by a Customs Declaration which must be completed in English, French or Russian.
Alcohol and tobacco goods can only be cleared through the Sevastopol, Mariupol and Ilichevsk ports. The document lodged for entry is the Unified Administrative Document.
The import duties to be paid for importing alcohol, tobacco, motor cars, tires, jewelry and other luxury products into Ukraine must be effected in the country’s currency. Excise duties are also paid in the local currency and is calculated as follows;
- For non luxury products, a percentage is applied
- For luxury products, the excise duty is not calculated on the customs declared value but according to volume, number of units, or weight of the import.