(Country code: VN)
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
An import permit is required for all goods except personal gifts. Before posting, senders should confirm that the addressee has the necessary permit.
- anti-parasite products for agricultural use
- advertising material for cigarettes and alcohol
- medicinal products and surgical instruments
- mineral oils
- natural honey
- poultry products
- tobacco substitutes
- used and second hand clothing.
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- advertisements (Wine)
- animal and animal products
- coins, bank notes, currency or securities, gold, jewelry or other valuable articles
- cosmetic products (excluding those with HS code 3306 and 3307)
- clocks and watches and parts thereof
- credit cards
- dairy produce
- electrical machinery
- fish and crustaceans
- fresh or dried fruit
- graphite products
- inorganic chemicals
- live animals and plants
- log and timber products from Liberia
- mobile telephones
- pharmaceutical products
- plants and plant products
- publications and recordings
- printed articles, books and brochures-offensive by nature
- precious stones, pearls and metals
- prepared foodstuffs
- radio transmitters and receivers
- satellite parts
- tobacco products
- used consumer goods
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
Commercial goods mailed to Vietnam require an invoice attached to the despatch note. The invoice must quote the import permit number. Used clothing, footwear and bed linen require a Certificate of Disinfection endorsed by a Health Authority.
Vietnam reserves the right not to accept letters containing articles or goods.