OTTAWA – Canada Post has issued the second set of stamps in the multiyear From Far and Wide series — its name inspired by a line in the lyrics of “O Canada” — that promises to take Canadians on an armchair journey to some of the most breathtaking and memorable must-see locations.
The nine definitive stamps, smaller stamps used mainly for mailing, cover off the new 2019 postal rates with five domestic-rate PermanentTM stamps, as well as stamps bearing US, International and Oversized rates, plus the single-purchase $1.05 rate. The 2019 edition of the stamp series offers fascinating views of the following destinations:
- Tombstone Territorial Park, Y.T.
- Athabasca Falls, Jasper National Park, Alta.
- Quttinirpaaq National Park, Nvt.
- Mahone Bay, N.S.
- Little Limestone Lake Provincial Park, Man.
- Castle Butte, Big Muddy Badlands, Sask.
- Smoke Lake, Algonquin Provincial Park, Ont.
- Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve, Que.
- Iceberg Alley, Ferryland, N.L.
The Permanent domestic stamps are available in booklets of 10 (two of each image) and coils of 100, while the US-rate, Oversized-rate and International-rate denominations are available in booklets of six and coils of 50. The issue also includes a souvenir sheet and several other formats for collectors, as well as an Official First Day Cover, cancelled in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia, the location featured on one of the Permanent stamps. The issue was designed by Stéphane Huot of Montréal and printed by the Lowe-Martin Group.
For more information: