This post is part of our ongoing series on Deliver to Post Office.
It’s common knowledge that flexible shipping options are important to online shoppers. Less well known, but increasingly vital, are flexible delivery solutions. Our consumer research suggests that 75% of Canadian online shoppers place some degree of importance on being given a choice as to how they receive their items.* As an online merchant, you can address these concerns by adding a unique delivery option, called Deliver to Post Office, to your e-commerce site. Learn how to integrate Deliver to Post Office within your online business.
Offer your customers more choices that best fit their needs and schedules Deliver to Post Office allows shoppers to have their online purchases delivered directly to a post office of their choice, close to wherever they are: near their home, office or even the cottage or ski hill. They can choose from one of our 6,000 post office locations that best fits their needs and schedules.
Enhance your customers’ online – and offline – shopping experience to bring them back for more
When you add Deliver to Post Office to your site, it shows you’re responsive to your customers’ needs. It’s also a selling feature that can help you move customers through the conversion funnel, so promote it upfront. Don’t wait until your shoppers are in the checkout to let them know that you offer this option. Improving your customers’ experience will help keep them coming back to your site and stay longer, which creates more sales and cross-sales opportunities. And it helps you distinguish yourself from your competitors.
How Deliver to Post Office works: from checkout to pickup
- During checkout, for any Xpresspost or Expedited Parcel items, your customers will see the option to have items sent to a post office instead of their home.
- They’ll be asked to enter an address that is close to where they would like to have the parcel delivered.
- They will be presented with a list of post offices that they can choose from and a map that shows the post office locations.
- Customers can track their items and when they arrive, deliveries are held in one of our secure, temperature-controlled Canada Post facilities.
- They are notified by email when their parcel is ready for pickup and can take advantage of a choice of pickup times during the day, evening or weekend.
How you can offer Deliver to Post Office on your e-commerce site
Want to learn more about what’s required to integrate Deliver to Post Office in your e-commerce site?
Read Part 2: How to implement Deliver to Post Office on your e-commerce site
Read Part 3: How to display valid Deliver to Post Office locations in your checkout.
Read Part 4: How to create a Deliver to Post Office shipping label in EST 2.0
Read Part 5: How to create a Deliver to Post Office shipping label using web services
Read Part 6: How to create Deliver to Post Office shipping labels if you are a shipping system provider