These 5 small businesses in Canada were recognized for their outstanding achievements across 5 categories at a gala event on February 24 at the Toronto Board of Trade.
And the winners are…
- In their 3rd year of business, Village Brewery (Calgary, AB) was awarded Start-Up of the Year, demonstrating leadership, sustainability, and withholding a competitive advantage in the marketplace over the course of 2013.
- Menyou (Toronto, ON) won Innovation of the Year for the success of their iPad menu application, providing customers with a way to order food in restaurants by tablet device, that filled a void in the market for 2013.
- North Shore Sports Medicine (North Vancouver, BC) was honoured with the Social Impact award, for their positive impact on the community by providing hundreds of hours of free service to dozens of local teams, schools, healthcare initiatives, events and charities.
- North Strategic (Toronto, ON) was titled Small Business of the Year for providing Canadians with exquisite customer satisfaction and sustaining an increase in growth in 2013.
- Matt Hill, founder of Lawn Troopers (Caledon Village, ON), won the title of Youth Entrepreneur of the Year for his success as a business owner under the age of 25.
The winners received:
- A mentoring session with a business leader, specific to each award category:
- Start-Up – Steve Matyas, President, Staples Canada
- Innovation – Dorothy Dowling, Sr. Vice-President, Marketing and Sales, Best Western International
- Social Impact – Bryan Pearson, President & CEO, LoyaltyOne
- Small Business - Howard Grosfield, President and CEO American Express
- Youth Entrepreneur – Kevin O’Leary, Chairman, O’Leary Funds
- 10,000 AIR MILES reward miles
- A feature in PROFIT Magazine
- A trip for two to the awards ceremony including return airfare, hotel accommodation, and tickets to the gala
And that’s a wrap! Here are the 2014 #AMFBAwards winners with their mentors
Join VentureOne for savings on shipping, packaging and direct marketing
Members of our VentureOne™ program for small businesses enjoy a whole suite of services and tools designed to help you make and save money. It’s free to join and delivers immediate savings on shipping, packaging and partner services.