Some of your customers will complete their order and not think about it again until it arrives. But many want to know exactly where their order is throughout the shipping and delivery process. In fact, 75% of Canadian online shoppers rate order tracking as an important part of their satisfaction with an online retailer.*
Provide tracking results to benefit your customers – and your online business
Proactively offering tracking options has become an e-commerce best practice. It’s also an easy way to provide a better online experience to your customers – with benefits for you as well:
- Encourage your customers to return to your website, or stay longer, to increase chances of additional purchases or cross-opportunities.
- Reduce costly calls from customers inquiring about the status of their order.
- Create new opportunities to contact your customers by email, to cross-promote new offers and social media invites.
- Make your business appear trustworthy and reliable.
- Set customer expectations and provide peace of mind.
How to provide tracking information on your website or by email
There are two ways Canada Post web services can help you offer customers clarity and certainty about their delivery.
- Offer shipping tracking information on your website.
- Include a link to tracking information in your shipping confirmation or other transaction emails.
Learn more about the benefits of each option and get step-by-step instructions on how to integrate these into your site and emails.
How has your e-commerce business benefitted from including tracking results in your site or emails? What tips do you have for online merchants? Share your experiences and ideas in the comments section below.
*J.C. Williams Group, Canadian E-shoppers: The online shopping/buying experience, CP 12-209, September 2012.