Jingle Bells in June and July? You bet! Last year’s holiday e-commerce volumes were nearly double* that of 2012. Many e-commerce retailers are already thinking about how to make the busy 2017 holiday season even more successful and our guide can help them achieve this.
Information gathered from some of Canada’s top e-commerce retailers is collected in the Canada Post 2017 Holiday Survival Guide. The guide reveals the changes retailers made to sales promotions, shipping offers, shipping deadlines and return strategies to influence 2016’s holiday shipping volumes.
Use the 2017 Holiday Survival Guide to maximize the upcoming holiday season with these key insights:
- Extend your selling windows. Smooth out the holidays’ retail peaks and valleys with longer promotional periods that also smooth out your fulfillment process. Many of 2016’s top merchants turned November into “Cyber Month.”
- Product deals + shipping promotions = Success. During the 2016 holiday season, merchants who paired sales promotions with free shipping saw significant lifts in volume.
- Capitalize on last-minute shoppers. Extend your shipping deadlines and get items there by Christmas by improving logistics and offering express delivery.
- Use returns to increase conversions and build loyalty. Customers in 2016 looked for a return policy that was easy to find, easy to understand and simple to carry out. More merchants soothed the concerns of gift-givers through longer post-holiday return periods – but there is room for improvement.
- Canada Post can help. Find key shipping deadlines and important e-commerce dates for 2017’s holiday season, care of Canada’s No. 1 parcel company.
Download our Holiday Survival Guide for insights and tips to help you ace the holiday season.Get Holiday Guide
Want to optimize your business for the holiday season?
Discover our suite of end-to-end solutions that help drive business efficiency and satisfied customers during this key selling period.Contact an expert
* Source: 2016 Canada Post Parcel Insights