The sheet is arranged in an attractive vertical tableau. It features the exhibition logo in the upper left selvedge and the exhibition mascot a stylized hare in the lower right.
The exhibition logo is capped with three blossoming "9s", honouring the potential for growth in this year preceding the new millennium. The base of the logo holds clever dual meaning as an obvious representation of stamp perforations, but also as a reminder of one of China's most enduring symbols, the magnificent Great Wall.
The exhibition mascot, a jade hare, recognizes CHINA '99 as an event in the Chinese calendar's jimao year, or Year of the Rabbit. An auspicious emblem of purity and friendship, this logo is a marriage of design influences, borrowing from the rich artistic histories of the Yin, Shang and Han Dynasties.
- Denomination: 4 x 46¢
- Design: Chris Dahl Design
- Dimensions: 126 mm x 88 mm (vertical)
- Gum Type: P.V.A.
- Illustration: Poon-Kuen Chow, Yukman Lai
- Perforations: 13+
- Printer: Ashton Potter
- Printing Process: Lithography (four colours)
- Tagging: General, four sides
- Quantity: 300,000 (souvenir sheets)
- : Tullis Russell Coatings