To further celebrate the 50th Tulip Festival, Canada Post will issue a special souvenir sheet featuring four commemorative stamps depicting the tulips 'City of Vancouver,' 'Monte Carlo,' 'Ottawa,' and 'The Bishop.' The Tulip Festival, held in Ottawa each year, celebrates the blooming of approximately one million tulips in National Capital Commission tulip beds. The first 100,000 tulip bulbs were sent as a gift from the Netherlands in the fall of 1945 as a token of thanks for the sacrifices made by Canada in the liberation of their country.
The souvenir sheet will be issued on the occasion of the AMPHILEX 2002 World Philatelic Exhibition being held in Amsterdam.
- Product #: 403513145
- Layout: Souvenir sheet of 4 stamps
- Price: $1.92
- Denomination: 4 x 48¢
- Design: Monique Dufour, Sophie Lafortune
- Dimensions: 30 mm x 48 mm (vertical)
- Gum Type: P.V.A.
- Illustration: Ghislain Lefebvre
- Paper Type: Tullis Russell Coatings
- Perforations: 13+
- Photography: Peter Timmermans, Malak, The Ottawa Hospital
- Printer: Lowe-Martin
- Printing Process: Lithography in 6 colours
- Tagging: General, four sides
- Quantity: 300,000