It’s an exciting time to discover people, places and services.
Some suggestions to help you get started:
- Explore the area to find shops, doctors, dentists, the post office, police station, gas stations, clinics, hospitals, libraries, schools, and community activities near your home.
- Ask neighbours for recommendations on service providers including cable television, newspaper delivery, bank, cleaner, pharmacist, voting registry, veterinarian, garbage and recycling collection, etc.
- Make a list of your belongings, evaluate them and check your home and life insurance coverage.
- If you have moved to a new province, contact the driver’s vehicle licensing office to register your car and to exchange your driver’s license.
- Get involved in the neighbourhood association. It’s a good way to learn about your new community.