Canada Post continues its work to stabilize operations and manage significant backlogs across the country. Customers can expect delivery delays. Our current outlook is:
- for parcels: Deliveries will continue but be delayed during the peak holiday season and into January 2019. Existing backlogs are expected to worsen this week due to high volumes from Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
- for International parcels inbound: Right now, there are delays of up to several weeks for parcels arriving from other countries, but the delays should diminish gradually through December and into the new year. However, it may be March before we are meeting our normal delivery standards. International items will require screening by the Canada Border Services Agency. We are working in partnership with them to manage the significant existing backlog.
- for International parcels outbound: There may be a modest delay for some packages leaving Canada for other countries.
- for Lettermail: The backlog should be cleared and deliveries current before December 25.
- for direct marketing mail: We expect to be current before December 25, but some delays may occur and time-sensitive pieces will be delivered on a best-effort basis.
Once Canada Post receives mail or parcels from customers, it is processing and delivering on a first-in, first-out basis.
As Canada Post works to reduce the backlogs, which represent a significant operational challenge, the health and safety of our employees will remain our highest priority.
Thank you for your continued patience.