When you buy your Canada Post reloadable Visa prepaid card, you will receive a temporary card that you can use right away. A personalized, permanent card will be sent to you by mail. Once your Canada Post reloadable Visa prepaid card arrives, you must activate it and get a personal identification number (PIN).
Here’s how to activate your card:
- Call Visa Cardholder Services at 1-866-760-1543.
- Enter your 16-digit card number.
- Authenticate yourself by entering your month and day of birth. Enter this information as MMDD (i.e. if you were born on December 4, you would enter "1204").
- Once your information has been verified, you will:
- Be advised that your card is now active.
- Be advised of your current card balance.
- Be assigned a 4-digit PIN. Remember and record this PIN and keep it separate from your card at all times.
- Change your assigned PIN to a more easily remembered number, or skip to step 6. Using your touch tone phone, follow the prompts to enter your own 4-digit PIN.
- When your PIN is confirmed, hang up. Your personalized, permanent card is ready to use and replaces your temporary card. Your temporary card will no longer work and all remaining funds will automatically be transferred to your personalized, permanent card.
You can change your PIN at any time. Change it online at www.myprepaidcard.ca or call Visa Customer Service at 1-866-760-1543.