Automated Parcel Locker Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of Canada Post’s Automated Parcel Lockers. Please read them carefully.
- If you have signed up for Canada Post’s Flex Delivery option, then subject to these Terms and Conditions you may choose to have your Package delivered to an Automated Parcel Locker (an “APL”).
- Delivery to an APL will not be available unless the applicable online merchant’s check-out process allows for entry of a PO Box in the form required by Canada Post. Some Packages are not be eligible for delivery to an APL. For example, Packages requiring the recipient to sign for delivery are not eligible.
- When registering for the APL option, you must follow the prompts to select the APL to which you would like to have your Packages delivered.
- For delivery to an APL, when you make an online purchase you must follow the prompts at check-out to enter the APL address and identification number as the delivery address.
- We will notify you when your Package is ready for pick-up, using the contact details you have provided on registration of your Canada Post account. The notification we send you will include a numeric code and/or bar code. To access the APL after your Package is delivered, you will need to enter the numeric code into the keypad on the APL, or scan the bar code.
- You must pick up your Package within the timeframe set out in the notification. If you do not, we will transfer the Package to the participating postal outlet nearest the APL and notify you that we have done so.
- There may be some circumstances in which we cannot deliver your Package to an APL. These include situations where the Package does not fit in the APL, the APL is damaged, all of the APLs at the applicable site are full, we determine that there are security, safety or other impediments to delivery, or any other reason we determine to be applicable. If that is the case, we will deliver your package to the participating postal outlet nearest to the APL and notify you that we have done so.
- For all deliveries to a participating postal outlet, including (i) when we cannot deliver to an APL that you have selected, or (ii) you have not picked up your Package at the APL within the timeframe set out in our notification to you:
- Once your Package has arrived at the postal outlet, you may pick it up during the outlet’s hours of operation.
- The outlet will hold your Package for up to 15 days following delivery (or such other period of time as Canada Post may stipulate). If you have not picked up your Package within that time, Canada Post may return your Package to the sender.
- If you have chosen to have your Package delivered to an APL, you must keep the APL access code(s) and other information contained in the delivery notification we send you strictly confidential. You will be responsible for any use of that information by any other party that obtains it from you.
- You must comply with all applicable laws and must not damage, obstruct or otherwise interfere with any APL. You will be responsible for any damage, obstruction or interference with any APL you cause or that is caused by someone who has obtained from you the APL access code and/or other information we have sent you in the delivery notification.
- Without limiting any other limitations of liability that apply to delivery of Packages by Canada Post, none of Canada Post, its shareholders, affiliates, or any of the foregoing parties’ respective directors, officers, employees or contractors will have any liability whatsoever for any loss or damages arising in connection with (a) your use or attempted use of the APL option ; or (b) Canada Post’s delivery or attempted delivery of the Package (or failure to deliver the Package) in accordance with the service you have selected.
This limitation of liability applies (a) no matter what kind of loss or damage you experience, including, without limitation, lost business profits, property damage, personal injury or any other loss or damage; (b) whether the action is in contract, tort or otherwise; (c) even if Canada Post is expressly advised of the possibility of loss or damage; and (d) not matter what caused the loss or damages, including without limitation Canada Post’s negligence or gross negligence.
- You will indemnify Canada Post, its shareholders, affiliates, or any of the foregoing parties’ respective directors, officers, employees or contractors against all claims, damages, losses, fines, expenses (including all legal fees and costs) and/or any other type of liability (collectively, “Claims”) that arise from any damage, obstruction, interference, loss or theft of any property or information of Canada Post or any other party that you cause through your use of the APL option, or that is caused by someone who has obtained from you the APL access code and/or other information we have sent you in the delivery notification or any other communication.
- Canada Post may in its sole discretion (a) modify, suspend or cancel the APL option or any part of it without notice; and/or (b) amend these Terms and Conditions upon thirty days’ notice.