How Do I Put Mail on Hold?
To put your mail on hold
Purchase the Hold Mail service at least five business days before you want your mail to be held.
- You can do it online with a Canadian credit card and a valid email address.
- You can buy the service at a post office – save time by filling out the Hold Mail order form in advance. You will need to show government-issued photo ID like a driver’s license, passport or citizenship card.
- If you are holding someone else’s mail, you will need to show authorization to act on their behalf. Learn more
Make sure you are eligible for Hold Mail service: Residential or Business
- Your address must be in Canada
- Your address cannot be a shared delivery location like a hospital, hotel, dormitory or location where several businesses share the same address.
- You cannot receive mail through a privately administrated mailbox company.
How much will it cost to put my mail on hold?
See the prices for Business and Residential Hold Mail services here.