When you move or temporarily relocate, Mail Forwarding service redirects your mail from your old address to another address anywhere in Canada or the world. The service gives you the time you need to update everyone with your new address while ensuring you don’t miss important mail.
You can identify mail that has been forwarded if the new address information is printed at the bottom of the envelope or on a yellow label affixed on the envelope. You may notice that some mail will arrive a couple of days later than you expect if the distance between your two addresses is significant.
Two options for Mail Forwarding
Mail Forwarding for moves: (not returning to your original address)
- When moving to a new residence or place of business.
- To manage an estate and receive mail addressed to a deceased individual.
- When changing P.O. Boxes.
Mail Forwarding for temporary relocation: (returning to your original address)
- When temporarily reassigned to a new job in a new city.
- When spending the winter down south or the summer at the cottage.
- When managing mail on behalf of another individual.
- When you temporarily relocate due to renovations.