How do I change my mailing address (forward my mail)?

You can order Mail Forwarding online here with a Canadian credit card and valid email address.

You can buy the service at a post office – save time by filling out the Mail Forwarding order form in advance. You will need to show government-issued photo ID like a driver’s license, passport or citizenship card.

If you are forwarding someone else’s mail, you will need show authorization to act on their behalf. Learn more.

When should I order Mail Forwarding service?

Residential addresses should order at least five business days before moving.

Business addresses should order at least ten business days before moving.

How much will it cost to forward my mail?

Costs can be found here.

Can I get my mail forwarded temporarily?

Yes. This is ideal for people on longer vacations or on short-term job postings.

Can I get my mail forwarded outside of Canada?

Yes. You can have your mail forwarded from your old address to any valid mailing address in the world.

Do you forward everything, including parcels?

No. Mail Forwarding is for Lettermail™ only. Parcels are not forwarded through this service.

Do you tell people or businesses sending me mail where I have moved to?

No. We redirect your mail from your old address to your new address, but we don’t notify anyone of your new address.

Am I eligible for Mailing Forwarding service?

Residential or Business

To use our Mail Forwarding service:

  • Your old address must be in Canada
  • Your old address cannot be a shared delivery location like a hospital, hotel, dormitory or location where several businesses share the same address.
  • Your old address cannot be a privately administered mailbox company.