The Canada Post Visa prepaid card is reloadable and it is easy to check your balance.
Add money to your card
You can reload your card at any time until the card expires.
To add money, use cash or debit at your closest post office. You can also make an online bank transfer to “Canada Post Visa Card.”
When you add money at the post office, it is instantly available. If you add money online, it can take from 1 to 3 days to access. Not all financial institutions allow this feature, so check with your bank to ensure this option is available for you.
There are limits to the amount of money you may add to your card at any one time.
Check your balance
There are 3 ways to track your balance and transaction history:
- Sign in to your account at www.canadaprepaidcard.ca. Select “Register your card online” on your first visit to set up your free online account.
- Download the free zenwallet app to view your balance, transaction history and get your PIN. Available for iOS and Android.
- Call Visa Cardholder Services at 1-844-590-8876.
Merchants do not have access to your card balance.
It can take time for the following types of transactions to appear on your card balance.
- Refunds: 2 to 3 days.
- Bank transfers: 1 to 3 days.
- Authorization tolerances: Can reduce your balance for up to 30 days.